This is Halloween - My Take On Sally From Nightmare Before Christmas
Hi everyone! I'm excited about today's video! In honor of Halloween, I'm attempting a Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas look. 😃🎃🎉
Here's what I used and how I felt about each product! Feel free to make any substitutions you'd like-
ColourPop- Blue Moon Palette
I 💗 this palette! I had trouble using it to paint my face blue, but it wasn't because of the eyeshadow. I tried to apply a base layer of blue to my face with a brush- oops! 😦 Don't make the same mistake I did! Use a sponge applicator instead, and you'll be good to go!
Milani- Color Statement Lipstick in Matte Love
I hate to say it, but this lipstick is patchy and doesn't stay on my lips. 😔 The formula is dry and doesn't spread well.
Kat Von D- Tattoo Eyeliner
This eyeliner is super easy to work with! 🎉 It's like drawing on your face with a fine point, felt tip pen.
Hot Topic- Black Pencil Eyeliner
This eyeliner is great, but sadly, I haven't seen it in stores or online in at least a year. It glides on smoothly, without any tugging or pulling.
Step by Step Instructions-
1. Paint your face and neck blue- or not! If you decide to paint your face blue, don't make the same mistakes I did! Use a sponge wedge applicator, NOT a powder brush. If I had gone through with this step, I would have used Starry Eyed from the ColourPop Blue Moon palette.
2. Apply lipstick. 💋 I used Milani's Color Statement Lipstick in Matte Love. Any burgandy lipstick would work for this look!
3. Apply black eyeliner. I used Kat Von D's Tattoo Eyeliner for this! Remenber to draw "eyelashes" up the eyelid!
4. Apply the stitches! (Watch the video to see which areas of the face and neck need stitches.) I used a Hot Topic Black Pencil Eyeliner for this. You'll want to choose a product that glides on effortlessly without smearing.
5. Add an icy blue highlight! I used Lumi from the ColourPop Blue Moon palette. (If I had successfully applied blue eyeshadow all over my face, I would have skipped this step!)
Thanks for watching, and hope you're having a safe and fun Halloweekend! 😃🎃👻🎉💕