The only Nudes I've received this year 🤫 JS Orgy Palette Review 🤭
So my birthday was last week (29 and feeling fiiiiine!) And my loving boyfriend has been listening to me complain about needing a great neutrals palette for my dance/acting auditions. Being a YouTuber and a sweetheart he saw Jeffree Star was releasing a new palette that’s just that! Unfortunately, he didn’t know about all the controversies surrounding JS… he isn’t one to keep up with drama haha. But with all that aside I am loving this palette and thought it would be fun to do my first impressions of how my new ORGY palette performs. 🤎
🎁 The packaging is a statement. I know some people were offended because it’s for mature audiences, but I kind of like that. I am over everything being so PG. I was impressed with the text on the palette itself had a 3-D effect.
🎨 Colors: 30 colors total, all a good variety of nudes from white to black. I did notice that some of the brown in the 3rd and 4th row appear darker on the skin than in the pan.
I work and audition for so many jobs where I either need to have a ‘no makeup’ makeup look, or a smoked out stage face, and either way the clients always want nude shades! So if you're a makeup artist working on set creating that 'natural' look on different actors' skin tones, this is a good palette to have! Just maybe just cover the risqué parts 😅
✅ Protip: I ran out of eyeshadow primer during quarantine, and noticed my Tarte Shape tape concealer worked as a great base after being set with some powder!
Now on to the look I created...
I decided to keep to the second column’s color story because I was really drawn to “safe sex” - the cool ash tone felt like a nice contrast for my (warm) red hair.
And to give it a little extra sass, I used a small piece of tape to keep the edge really sharp 👌
🤎 Step-by-Step 🤎
1. I took a Morphe M433 ruffly brush and put ‘safe sex’ in my crease, keeping it blown out
2. Then I took Morphe M562 Tiny Crease Blender and put ‘all night long’ in the outer corner crease
3. Blend ‘Zero Degrees’ forward through the crease
4. Next, I took my ELF eye shadow brush and put ‘fluffer’ all over my lid. This color basically matches my skin tone, but it help clean up some of the fallout from previously applied eyeshadows
5. Finally, I took my Morphe M124 Firm Shadow Brush and packed ‘vanilla latex’ under the eyebrow. It was just a little bit lighter than my skin tone, so it stayed very natural. For dance auditions, I would add some highlighter here for an extra pop
6. Topped everything off with ELF liquid liner and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara
😍 Overall, I really appreciate the variety in the nudes offered, and the shadows themselves are easy to blend. 👍
I know some people might think an eyeshadow palette of 30 matte nude shades is boring, but I think about it like this - JSC has so many palettes that are over the top glitter and fun colors, so this is actually adventurous for him! Plus I thought it was nice for him to release a palette I could actually use every day.
The size of the palette is on the larger side and the price point is not cheap, so I think if you’re looking for a nude palette that will cover all bases, this one is a good contender!
🤎 Do you guys separate products from controversy? For some reason I feel like the makeup community is always under a microscope, are there other companies you do not support after learning more about the individual who owns them? Not looking for hate or arguments, I am just curious after I personally feeling guilty receiving this gift.
💕 For more content, follow me on insta +youtube @bmarsz 💕