Proven Beauty Hack: My MVP Pimple Patch 😅
I don’t get acne often, my main skin issue is clogged pored around my nose and chin. But when I do….they are stubborn! I’ve tried 4 brands of pimple patches and finally found my favorite! Now that I am 2/3 done with the whole pack, I’m ready to share this beauty hack! (Wow that rhymes).
OLIVE YOUNG Care Plus Spot Patch 84ea - $6.99 on Amazon
❣️Comes in 2 sizes
❣️Resealable packaging and protective plastic film to keep them sanitary
❣️Dotted tear-lines to make picking up patch easier
🧐How it works (official explanation by product manufacturer) 🧐
The patches are made of hydrocolloid Dressing :
- Protects the wound from water and dust, absorbs exudation secreted
- Due to hydrophobic molecules, adheres to the wound & due to hydrophilic molecules, absorbs exudation
- Absorbs exudation and whitely inflates, forming gell
- Protects the nerve endings of the wound area
- Barrier from germs and stimuli
🤪How I use them 🤪
- Wear during the day under makeup to conceal and protect pimples (ideally don’t wear makeup over breakouts but….you know sometimes it has to happen)
- Wear overnight to help pimples heal
🗓Day by Day Pimple-log 🗓
6/2 My uninvited pimple guest finally became inflamed after a day or two of feeling bumpy
6/3 The whitehead was visibly forming and the pimple was more sensitive as the day went on
6/3 p.m.: I accidentally touched it in the shower and it broke exposing the white head. So I sanitized the area, squeezed out any gunk, and applied the 12mm pimple patch over the clean dry surface after the bleeding stopped.
6/4 a.m.: you can see the patch is more opaque and the skin is less red. After I took it off I saw white gunk on the patch and it left the area much flatter. The pimple started to scab that day
As of 6/9, the pimple is healed with minor scarring that hopefully goes away in a few days.