My Experience: 12 Months Of IPSY Glam Bag Plus
We've all done it. Either joined a beauty box subscription or given it serious thought. Being a make- up junkie, I've joined several, including (but not limited to) Birchbox, Sephora Play!, Allure, and Babebox, to name a few. Ipsy was my first love,I joined about 2 and a 1/2 years ago. When I joined, they only had the Glam bag – 5 *deluxe* samples for $10 a month. The problem was, after year or so, I started getting a lot of repeats and I hated to tiny, tiny samples of things like primer and foundation. Frustrating!
Around the time the charm began to fade from the Glam bag, they introduced the Glam bag Plus and Ultimate. Plus is 5 FULL SIZED! products for $25 per month and Ultimate is 12 products for $50. I immediately upgraded to Plus and I've never been happier! I have been receiving it for a year now and I've loved every box/bag. I have never gotten a repeat product. Not once. I nearly always use every product in the shipment.
Every month, around the 30th, you get to choose one of the products you will receive. Also,on the 2nd of the month, you can add on products (for $, of course) and it will ship free with your box/bag. The add-ons range from $3 for deluxe samples size, to $12-18 for full size products. Be sure you log back on after you get your shipment and do your reviews! This enables you to earn points you can use to purchase items, and also helps Ipsy send you the things you love! FYI: Sometimes you don't get a bag, it's just all in a box, but usually when that happens you get something else instead. (Usually a fragrance sample.) Its okay, you will still get more bags than you can use!
What I'd like to do now is share with you some of my favorites from the past year. I must confess, it was extremely difficult to winnow it down to a manageable amount of products. As I mentioned before, I almost always love everything I get! So from the 80+ amazing items this past year, here are my HAs (holy grails) You down for the ride? Let's go!
Favorite Hair & Nail Products:
- Soft bristle hair detangling brush (no name - in back)
- Foxy Bay leave-in Conditioner and Hair Mask (white and pink packages)
- Pure Brazilian leave-in Conditioner (blue spray bottle)
- Color Club Nail Polish (My 1st shade, maybe called “Can You Not?”)
- Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream (Hair pomade)
- Betty Boop×Ipsy Nail Lacquer "Little Red Dress" (dark bottle in the middle)
- Hair scrunchies, no name (in front - very gentle!)
- Smith & Cult Nail lacquer in "Forever Fades Fast” (on the right - a very unique bottle)
Favorite Skincare Products:
- C`ela "Creme Rose" Body creme (pink package in back),
- Ahava Hydration Cream Mask
- Murad SPF 30 Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer
- Mudmasky After Mask Vitamin Serum
- Paris Hilton Daily Face Wash
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Scrub
- Malin & Goetz Revitalizing Eye Gel
- Jay Jun Sheet masks
- Glam Glow Bubble Sheet Mask
Favorite Tools and Brushes:
- Farah 5 pc Eye Brush Set
- Complex Culture Precision Concealer Brush
- Farah Kabuki brush
- Grace & Stella Rose Quartz Facial Massager
- No Name battery operated facial brush,
- Eyelash tweezers for applying falsies
Last but not least, FAVORITE MAKEUP!
- Nomad "Berlin Underground" Eyeshadow Palette (top left)
- Nomad x Sydney Bathers “Kiss of Sun" Highlighter (center, 4-pan)
- Tarte Shape Tape Collection "Stay Spray" Setting Spray
- Lovecraft Beauty Blush Palette (with the recognizable dark and flourished packaging on the right)
- Tarte "Tarteist" Double Ended Eyeliner
- Thrive Causemetics LashExtensions Extensions Mascara
- Gigi Gorgeous Bronzers
- Crete "Triple Shot" Mascara
- Colored Raine "Vineyard Soiree" Eyeshadow Palette,
- and my most used ever eyeshadow, "Petal to the Metal" by The Balm
I hope you have enjoyed my trip through Ipsy lane as much as I enjoyed being your "guide"! Ipsy has been so good to me! From my first little regular Glam Bag, to my year of Glam Bag Plus, Ipsy has taught me how to love makeup again. If it wasn't for Ipsy, I wouldn't be a PrismPopper, wouldn't have a skincare routine, and probably wouldn't have fallen back in love with beauty.
Do you have a beauty box subscription that you love? Have you been considering one, but aren't sure if it's worth it? Let me know in the comments! And if you liked my post, please click the like and try buttons! Have a great day, and stay beautiful!