Final Review on Activating Serum by Collective Laboratories!
After 4 weeks of consistently using the Activating Serum by Collective Laboratories, I have some final thoughts and comments to share with everyone!
- Very nature ingredients are used in this formulation and I love that I can smell the ginseng – it feels very authentic
- The pamphlet included in the packaging was very informative – I liked knowing how the serum works, which ingredients help stimulate hair growth, and the different ways that I could use the serum
- Easy to use – the dropper in the bottle made application very simple
- The tinging effect was sometimes too strong and it would start to feel unpleasant. I expected it to go away after 2 minutes, but if I blew dry my hair, the tinging would last for like 15 minutes and it was hard to ignore
- I only used it as a leave-in hair treatment and I applied it every other night all over my scalp. I have very fine and thin hair so it was easy to find my “bald spots”
- By Week 3 I was noticed a lot of baby hairs around my temples, and along my hair line I noticed my “bald spots” were getting less noticeable
- By Week 4 I was actually having trouble finding my “bald spots” so this serum definitely works!
Final thoughts and comments:
- This is a great targeted solution for naturally simulating hair growth
- It does take time and patience to see long-term results - I used about half the bottle (15 ml) and I only just started to see visible results
- This activating serum did make my hair more greasy and oily. I usually wash my hair every other day, but during the time when I used this serum, I had to use a lot of dry shampoo in between washes just to get by.
- This serum is not hydrating or nourishing, and I can tell my hair doesn’t feel as healthy as it did before using this serum, and when I was using a hair mask. For this reason, I won’t be purchasing this as a self-care item because I need hydration more for my split ends and thin hair.