DIY Gel Nails for Spring - Nude with a Pop of Color 🌈
Hey there fam! What’s been blooming? All things SPRING!!
I want to share with you a nail look that I have been seeing and wanted to re-create. Too, since I’m sort of an amateur in the nail department, I was super stoked to have received a gel-effect polish (as well as a few other polishes from the Spring 2020 collection) from Essie to make my nails look at least somewhat professional.
For this look, I used:
Ciate Cookies & Cream
Essie Spring in Your Step 1606
Essie Make A Splash 1608
Essie Feeling Wellies 1610
Essie Gel Setter Top Coat
1. Apply Ciate Cookies & Cream.
2. Go over this with a second coat.
3. Let the nails dry for a good 15-20 minutes. The longer, the better (so that you don’t mess up the base during the next step).
4. Grab a small piece of tape and line it diagonally along the nail as shown above.
5. Paint over the tape with a pastel color, and alternate colors for each nail. You can use two, three, four, or five different colors--your choice.
6. Go over the paint on the tape for a second coat.
7. Let that dry for a little bit, maybe 5 minutes, and then go over with the Essie Gel Setter Top Coat!
Voila--That’s it! Something that looks really difficult made simple!