Hi guys! This is my favorite combo of yoga stretches and poses to relieve headaches. It’s perfect to help relax and stretch your body.
• I first start with a simple seated pose and a few deep breathing exercises. This helps calm my body and set the tone for the rest of my practice. I typically breath out while counting to four, hold my breath for three seconds, and breath in for another four. Feel free to use any breathing exercises you like.
• After I have gotten into my zone, I loosen my neck with a few side stretches, just reaching one arm away from my body and stretching my neck with the other hand by tilting my head gently in the opposite direction.
• Then I move into Downward Facing Dog. It’s a pretty common pose and easy to figure out. Just make sure you aren’t locking your knees and that your neck is relaxed. I like to hold all my poses for around 5 deep breaths.
• Next is Prasarita Padottanasana or a wide leg forward fold. It helps bring blood flow to your head. Simply place your hands on your waist and bend forward, lengthening your spine on inhales and bending deeper with your exhales. This is one of my favorite poses.
• Paschimottanasana is a seated forward fold. Raise your hands overhead to lengthen your spine, then fold over your legs. Breath and stretch the same way you did in the former pose to help with lengthening your spine.
• Another seated fold, this time with a half split, is Janusirsasana. With one leg bent, the other straight, fold to the side and enjoy the wonderful stretch. Repeat on the other side.
• Next Upward Facing Dog or Urdhva Mukha Svanasana. Lift yourself up with your hands and the tops of your feet being the only part of your body touching the ground. Arch your back and breath deep.
• For Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha) place your feet close to your butt with your legs about hip distance. Tuck your tailbone to avoid straining your back and then lift your hips off the floor. Your knees with push forward and your back will bow, stretching and strengthening your lower back.
• Last but not least, Savasana… a very easy pose where you lay flat on the ground and focus on relaxing every muscle in your body.
This yoga sequence isn’t hard but some of the poses are a little challenging. If you don’t feel like you have nailed them right away, don’t get discouraged. Yoga is a journey. I’m still working on my flexibility and positioning in many poses. You got this! #Stretch&Relax #Yoga #headacherelief #selfcare #wellnesspop @Kimbarg86 @PrismPop Tester Club @WELLNESSPOP @FITNESSPOP