Hey everyone! :) Sadly with the pandemic, I have not been able to go on any dates with my boyfriend in a while, so we’ve been having “virtual dates” to make up for it! 🥰
I get ready for virtual dates the same way I do with in person ones, but I noticed that the way that my makeup looks on camera is very different from the way it looks in real life. After some adjustments, I found some aspects that made my makeup stand out more on camera!
✨ Main aspects ✨
1. Eyeliner - The darker it is, the better! I usually do a eyeshadow liner for a lighter look, but it doesn’t show well against my eyeshadow
2. Eyeshadow - Thankfully, if your eyeshadow is a bit messy, it won’t be noticeable! The darkness of it does matter though, so I darkened my eyeshadow and
3. Blush - My normal blush was barely noticeable on screen, so I applied a bit more heavily
4. Eyebrows - Surprisingly enough, I found that my eyebrows were too dark on camera 😳 I think that the more contrast between your skin tone and eyebrow, the more it’ll stand out. I didn’t like how prominent my eyebrows looked so I brushed it out more
5. Lashes - Mascara won’t cut it here if you have short eyelashes like me 😬 Any falsies should be good to go!
6. Highlight- Honestly, the camera most likely will not be able to pick up your highlight unless you pile it on since it depends on the way the light hits it, so I skipped the highlight.
7. Foundation/Concealer - Because the camera makes your face a bit blurry, you can go without heavily applying concealer or foundation! However, if you have problems with discoloration like me, it may become more apparent on camera so those areas will need more attention
8. Lips - It was kinda laughable how little my lip gloss showed up 😂 so I would recommend having a matte darker lip
🌸 Products Used 🌸
ColourPop So Juicy Lip Gloss
Etude House Curl Fix
Virtual Date Look
Elf Expert Liquid Liner
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick - Dusty Rose
Dior Forever Skin
Burt’s Bee’s Blush in Bare Peach
Benefit Precisely My Brow Eyebrow Pencil
PUR Festival Eyeshadow Palette
I hope that these tips help you on potential future “virtual dates!” Basically, everything got amplified except for the foundation and eyebrows. Let me know what you would change for a virtual date 🥰