Hey PrismPoppers! Let’s talk about how to reapply SPF over makeup! It’s so important to because it’ll help to continue to protect your skin from harmful UV and UVB rays throughout the day ☀️ but the real question is, how can you do so without ruining your makeup that’s already done? Well I’ve found the perfect solution with the Kate Somerville UnCompliKated Setting Spray! And because I have a busy schedule and am alwyas on the go, I usually assess products based on their ease of use, effectiveness, and price & availability.
❓What is the Kate Somerville UnCompliKated Setting Spray?
An aerosol makeup setting spray that delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protection.
• Convenient and easy to use and re-apply over makeup
• I could definitely smelled the lavender oil in this, which I liked and surprisingly didn’t have any allergic reactions to
• I have an oily T-done and this claims to reduce shine and provide a matte finish but I felt like I looked a bit greasy even after it dried down
Supergoop! Defense Refresh (Re)Setting Spray SPF 40 ($30)
• Pros - I loved this and thought it was great for touch ups through the day like when you’re reapplying SPF over makeup and also resetting your makeup. Easy and convenient. Good for sensitive skin
• Cons - N/A
Coola Makeup Setting Spray Sunscreen SPF 30 ($36)
• Pros - Mattifying
• Cons - The smell is a bit strong for a setting spray but I don’t mind it given it has sunscreen in it.
Sunbum Daily Sunscreen Face Mist SPF 30 ($18)
• Pros - More affordable compared to competitors
• Cons - I love Sunbum products but haven’t personally used this product before.
This is a great product for when you find that your face needs a SPF refresh especially when you have makeup on. It’s a little pricey, but generally a good product all around so I think it’s worth it , but I’m curious how it compares to Sunbum’s Daily Sunscreen Face Mist SPF 30, which comes at a more affordable price point.
• Where to buy the Kate Somerville UnCompliKated Setting Spray? Brand website, Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom
• Will it make your mascara run when you spray it? I’m currently using the Highly Rated Anti-Gravity Mascara from Milani, and my mascara didn’t run when I used this setting spray over it.
• How often should you be re-applying this mist? Reapply on top of makeup every 30 mins if you are directly in the Sun or every 2-3 hours if not directly in the Sun
#spf #spfeveryday #settingspray #katesomerville #skincaretips @PrismPop Tester Club @PrismPop Makeup @PrismPop Skincare @BEAUTYPOP