💙 Hey Prismpoppers! Today, I’m styling and reviewing a basic white pleated tennis skort that I thrifted. I got super lucky on this thrift trip as I found not one, not two but three different pleated skorts! I felt like I had just won the thrifting lottery as I usually don’t find such cute and trendy clothes in person - I usually go on Poshmark or Depop, especially Depop for cute and trendy second hand clothes that match my aesthetic. For those who don’t know what a skort is, a skort is the combination of a skirt and shorts. They’re skirts with built in shorts so that you can be active and move around freely without worrying about what’s under the skirt! Though I thrifted this skirt, I found one on YesStyle that’s almost identical minus the button closure, replacing it with a zipper all the way up: Niji Smile - Mini Pleated Skirt | YesStyle
🤍 Cinnamoroll academia inspired look
I decided to style and put together a super cute Cinnamoroll academia inspired look. This skort has been one of my favorite pieces to wear because it’s so versatile! I can wear this everyday, all day, to do grocery shopping or figure skate! I’m the type of person who owns almost no pants - all of my pieces are skirts, dresses or skorts, so I would consider myself experienced with many different styles and types of skirts! When I’m looking for new skirts, my top decision factors are material, garment fit, quality, comfort, and price. I absolutely hate the feel of velvet, so I refuse any skirts that are velvet.
I prefer pleated, high waisted miniskirts. When looking for skirts online, I also view the reviews to make sure the skirts aren’t see-through, poor quality or not as described. In person, it’s easier to test the quality by trying it on and feeling the fit. Comfort is so important too - I love myself a waist-cinching skirt but some of them have such a tight elastic that I can’t breathe. The last decision factor is price. I don’t mind paying up for a good quality skirt, but I personally find it overkill for a basic white skirt to cost over $25. I’d understand with lolita skirts with intricate, detailed designs to be priced high, but definitely not for the basics.
💙 About this skirt!
I thrifted this super cute skirt at my local thrift shop. It wasn’t size tagged officially on the inside, but there was a store tag that marked it a size 2. Usually, I wear a size 00 or 0 - my measurements are 28/23/31. While there is no size tag, there is a material tag which states it’s made from 95% polyester and 5% spandex. The material tag is completely in Chinese, so I assume this was donated by someone who bought this in China and donated it in the United States.
- So pleated and flares beautifully! I absolutely love the design of this skirt as it reminds me of Japanese school uniforms.
- The material is comfortable and not see through!
- Most white skorts are pretty cheap and have a reasonable price. I got this one for $6, new with tags! On YesStyle, a similar skirt is about $11.
- This is so versatile! I can pair this skort with any color, and any item in my closet. It can style academia, grunge, lolita, and more.
- Since I have a small waist, the waist band was quite loose but it fit around my hip, so it was more like a low rise skort. It was a really easy 5 minute fix by tightening the waist and sewing it together. I don’t really blame the company at all for this since I should have expected it for choosing a size larger than mine.
- The shorts under the skirt are a little thin and I would recommend another pair of white shorts under them, or just wear light colored undergarments. If you’re wearing black shorts under, they will show through.
- Halara Everyday Cloudful Air 2-in-1 Tennis Skirt
You’ve probably seen those annoying Halara ads on TikTok. They advertise sweat-licking, booty lifting skorts! This skirt is a bottom flare skirt with tummy control and side pockets.
✅ Side pockets are so helpful in skorts!
Feels silky smooth to the touch
High waisted, skirt and shorts 2-in-1 combo
❌ Compared to my skort, this isn’t very pleated and has more of a flat skirt look.
Originally priced at $34.95. Way more expensive than my skort.
Some people have pointed out the sizing is a bit off and the skort doesn’t stretch very much
- OFFLINE By Aerie Real Me Pleated Tennis Skirt
I saw this at the thrift too, but didn’t pick it up since it was not my size. This is a pleated miniskirt with built in shorts that looks very similar to mine! This active skirt is built for tennis courts and athletics.
✅ Beautiful, accented pleats
Two side pockets!
Stretchy and comfortable waistband
❌ Original pricing is at 54.95. I would not pay this much for a basic tennis skirt!
💙 Do I recommend this skort?
Yes, I recommend anyone who likes miniskirts and worries about what’s under showing should definitely get some skorts! Pleated white skorts are great, versatile, and comfortable. They can pair with so many aesthetics and styles!
- What is the point of a skort?
Skorts were originally called trouser skirts! They provide more freedom to do activities like sports, gardening, cleaning, or bike riding while still keeping the cute and feminine look of a skirt.
- What do you wear under a skort?
In autumn and winter, if you’re worried about being cold you can definitely add thermal leggings, leg warmers or tights under your skort to keep warm!
💙 How I styled:
Blouse: HANIA - Short-Sleeve Embroidered Frill Trim Blouse I got this when it was on it’s final sale. Unfortunately it’s not available anymore! Here is something similar: First Love Babydoll Satin Shirt Le Flacon – Peiliee Shop
Cardigan: Kawaii Cinnamoroll Sweater
Socks: Lolita Socks
Necklace: Cinnamoroll Hearts & Pearls Charm Necklace | Hot Topic
Song used: The Snow White Princess Is - Hatsune Miku
#skirt #fashioninspo #fashionpop #fashion #review
Read more like this:
- Disneyland Outfit Ideas 🐭🏰✨
- styling my black mini skirt ootd
- The denim skirt you need for all year round! ❤️🔥✨
- 2 Ways to Style Pencil Skirt for Fall
- how to wear a monochromatic outfit