Hey There, 🧡
Fall and Halloween season are both here so now it’s time to bring out all of our seasonal things. One way I like to get festive is in the kitchen! That includes my oven mitts! And today I want to share with you my fall/Halloween collection!
So my collection consists of 4 different pairs of Peanuts Silicone Mini Mitts! Each one with a different super cute design with Snoopy on them. These oven mitts are considered mini because instead of covering your wrists and part of your arm, they are only just big enough to cover your hands.
✨ Pros of Peanut Silicone oven mitss:
- Affordable! I bought these a year ago at Walmart for only $5 a pair! They aren’t available in stores now but you can still find them online across many different retailers from anywhere between $14-$20!
- These are super cute! And are great if your a collector.
- Silicone on the inside calls for a better grip on objects.
- Easy to clean! Just throw in the washer.
✨ Cons of Peanut Silicone oven mitts:
- These don’t last very long.
- Aren’t very heat resistant. These may be cute to look at but when grabbing freshly hot appliances do it quick cause the heat will start to come through!
- While them being mini is really cute, sometimes I do with my arms had some protection too and not just my hands.
- While these are super cute and a wonderful addition to any collection, I just don’t think I fully recommend them for kitchen use. While I will continue to use them through the season, the heat really does come through on these mitts so you have to be careful. And they aren’t long lasting. So if your looking for something that you can use long term, these aren’t it.
🍂 So what are oven mitts?
- A oven mitt is a thermal insulated glove that protects you from hot objects.
🍂 Are these flame resistant? Are they treated with any chemical flame retardants?
- These are not treated with any flame retardants and these are also not flame resistant. But they are heat resistant up to 400 degrees.
🍂 How often should you replace your oven mitts?
- There is no standard on how often you should replace your oven mitts. Just replace them once they start to thin or get holes in them. The more oven mitts wear out, the less heat resistant they become too. I like to swap mine out every couple months as I like to use mitts that go with the season.
🍂 How do you get grease out of oven mitts?
- If your mitts aren’t terribly dirty, just throw them in the washer! Or if they have harder stains/grease all over them try mixing dish soap or baking soda (depending on your preference and level of stain) with hot water and let your mitts soak for a few minutes. After they finished soaking use a brush to scrub off the stains.
🍂 What oven mitts are most easy to use in the kitchen?
- In my personal opinion, the easiest oven mitts to use in the kitchen are silicone ones! You get a better grip, they can withstand more heat, are easier to clean, get less dirty and last longer than cotton. Although generally, I think cotton ones looks nicer.
🧡 Amazon Home Collection:
- Affordable! Only $9.98 for a set!
- Unlike the Peanuts, in this set you get one oven mitt and two pot holders.
- Multiple different designs perfect for fall!
- Easy to wash.
🧡 Hot Topic Winnie The Pooh Halloween Mitts:
- Super cute and great for collecting like the Peanuts.
- Comes in just one pair of mitts.
- Affordable at just $15.90. But more expensive than some other options out there.
- Easy to wash.
🧡 Jtmuses Silicone Oven Mitts:
- Silicone means better grip on stuff.
- Easier to clean.
- Gets less dirty.
- Lasts longer.
- Heat resistant up to 480 degrees so it can take more heat than the Peanuts.
- Affordable price of $13.96 and can be found on Amazon!
#ovenmitts #ovengloves #kitchentools #CookingBasics #cooking
Nwt Peanuts Snoopy Fall 2pack Mini Oven Mitts