I know a lot of family and friends who won’t go near brussel sprouts. I asked them, “what if I add bacon?” and prepared a dish for them all to try!
This brussel sprout dish is sure to change any veggie hater’s mind 😉. Bacon, garlic, and maple syrup are only a few of the flavorful ingredients for this recipe. You can also alter this recipe with different seasonings and sauces!
My Recipe: Serves 6-8 people
• 2.5 pounds fresh brussel sprouts
• 5 slices diced bacon
• Drizzle olive oil until sprouts are coated
• 1/4 cup maple syrup (for sweetness)
• 1 tbs balsamic vinegar (for acidity/rich flavor)
• 1 tbs garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400
2) Rinse your brussel sprouts and begin peeling off the first/second layer of leaves until it becomes hard to peel. Cut off the bases and cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise. Place into bowl.
3) Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, bacon, maple syrup, and seasonings to bowl. Mix until evenly distributed.
4) Pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly for one layer. Place into oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Depending on how crispy you like your brussel sprouts and bacon you can asjust the time!
In all honesty I don’t measure anything when I make this dish. But, I measured out what I would normally do so that you can try it for yourself
The final result is a crispy, sweet, and richly flavored brussel sprout dish. The bacon 🥓 really makes this a comforting dish for everyone but still remains healthy!
Would you give this brussel sprout dish a try? Let me know below! #food #comfortfood #HealthyRecipes #Recipes #FoodTech #healthy #athome #HealthyRecipes #Appetizers,Soups&Salads