❄️How To Get Glass Skin | Chemical Exfoliating | The Ordinary. + Skin1004
✨ This is step two, exfoliating, in my ten step “How to Get Glass Skin” series! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out step one, double cleansing.
❄️ Step 2: Exfoliate
- Exfoliating can be done in two ways! You can use a physical exfoliator, like crushed walnut or gentle jojoba beads, or a chemical exfoliator, like products with glycolic acid or lactic acid. These products will strip away the dead skin cells that dull skin, cause pores and makes those annoying sebaceous filaments worse.
- Personally, I prefer chemical exfoliants over physical exfoliation, because some physical exfoliants like walnuts could cause micro tears in the skin, which end up becoming clogged with bacteria, sebum and dirt, resulting in more acne and bumps on the skin.
- Be careful when you using exfoliating products, especially if it has acids like AHA, BHA and if you have sensitive skin. Two to three times a week is ideal to avoid irritations, but if your skin is sensitive and not exactly used to the exfoliant, you can use it even less.
❄️ The Ordinary’s AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
- With a pH of 3.50-3.70, 2% beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) 30% AHA (alpha hydroxy acids: glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric), this product is definitely for someone who is a bit more experienced with chemical exfoliators.
- It’s key ingredients include hyaluronic acid crosspolymer, vitamin b5, black carrot and tasmanian pepperberry! The product is also alcohol free, oil free, silicone free, nut free, vegan, gluten free, and cruelty free.
- For only $8, this product has been great! I love that it has salicylic acid and helps with my acne, and I use it about once a week, interchanging with SKIN1004’s Bloody Peel, which I’m also recommending. Compared to the bloody peel, this product is definitely more for experienced users as it can possibly cause irritation for those with sensitive, unexperienced skin.
❄️ ZOMBIE BEAUTY BY SKIN1004 Bloody Peel
- This is an exfoliating solution with 17% AHA to help exfoliate the skin and improve the look of skin texture and radiance. While it has less AHA than the Ordinary’s chemical peel, this product still contains a high concentration of AHA and is recommended to be used up to once or twice per week maximum. Because it has less concentration, I would recommend this to sensitive skin users and those who are looking to try out a chemical exfoliant!
- The key ingredients of this product are glycolic acid (AHA 17%), salicylic acid (BHA), and surprisingly, apple fruit extract. AHA exfoliates the dead skin on the surface of your skin, BHA exfoliates inside the pores to reduce congestion, and apple fruit extract helps to remove the dead skin cells and brighten dull skin.
- Personally, I really like using this product for how much more gentler it is than the Ordinary’s chemical peel. I use it interchangeably with it and it gives me about the same results. The price is around the same as well, with this being $12 for 30ml. #exfoliating #Exfoliate #Exfoliant #kbeautyskincare #Kbeauty AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution ZOMBIE BEAUTY Bloody Peel