I had been seeing these all over social media but contemplated buying one for over a year. I’m actually so glad I did, because it makes cleaning my brushes so much easier, and the cleaning is extremely thorough--way more than I could do on my own.
My acne and clogged pores have improved just because my brushes are cleaner! I had to share a video of the process with you guys. This is how it’s done--enjoy!
- Start with dirty brushes, of course! You can see that mine are covered in blush and foundation from who knows when...
- Add water to the little brush cleaning machine, along with a little bit of regular dish soap or any soap you've got & shake it up to mix a little
- Grab the spinning wand mechanism from the protective pouch
- Attach the dirty brush's handle onto the silicone holder and attach that holder to the wand
- Dip that brush into the water to get it wet
- Hold on tight and press that button on the wand!
The brush will spin super fast in the little machine but the water shouldn't spill out because of the fishbowl shape.
Spinning so fast creates a gravitational pull that literally forces the caked-on product to fly off of the brush.
You can tell it's working when the water changes colors! That's all the nastiness that was stuck on my brushes - ew!
When the brush is cleaned to your liking, pull it just out of the water (but still in the bowl) and spin it some more. The same motion will remove the water trapped in the brush and the result is a perfectly dry, perfectly cleaned makeup brush in seconds!!
How do you clean your brushes?