Hi! It’s Maggie 🥰 let’s talk about LIPPIES! 💄
Full disclosure - I am not a beauty guru! I am just a beauty newbie, trying to figure it all out for myself 🙈
IF I wear makeup, I ALWAYS go for a no-makeup look, and because of that, I want lippies that fit the aesthetic. 👄
Colourpop’s Just a Tint Lip Crayons are exactly what I’ve been looking for - sheer enough for me to feel comfortable wearing it, hydrating like a balm, and a pretty foolproof chunky pencil applicator. 🖍
I already knew I liked the formula from a previous purchase - but I didn’t love the color. At the same time, I didn’t know how where to start when shopping for a lip shade. 👀
Should I go for a brick red, a warm brown, a cool pink?? What about mauves and berries? 🤷♀️ Between that and the shades I thought I might like constantly selling out, it looked like by best lippie life was out of reach…. 😫
🌦 But THEN, this 8-pack bundle went on sale for National Lipstick Day (thanks for the heads up, Serena! 💕) I swooped in and snatched it up for a cool 40% off. Perfect!! 🤑
🌟 It’s called the “LUCKY STREAK LIP TINT VAULT” 🌟
Fast forward to a few weeks later and they’re finally here! How to REALLY get out of my comfort zone??? Doing my very first lip swatch. GULP! 😬
But really, seeing it in photos afterward helped a ton. So, let’s do it!
SHADE BREAKDOWN - From most sheer to most pigmented….
- POP QUIZ - this sheer nude is barely-there, it left even me wanting a little something more! Thankfully the second shade heard my wishes, and… 🥁🥁🥁
- GIMME S’MORE - did the trick. True to its name, it’s a toasty warm nude with just a liiiittle more than Pop Quiz. This one might be my favorite nude of the bunch!! 🔥
(Quick note - the last slide are my 4 favorites swatched; 1 is blotted light coverage, 2 is a strong swipe and 3 is a full coverage couple o’ swipes)
- CITY OF STARS - Venturing into the “red” territory! I love this one on me, I feel like I finally found my perfect red lipstick! It’s lighter than the original red I had bought last year (Cherry Pickin’) and doesn’t give me the vibe that I just ate a cherry popsicle. 🍒
- BIG TIME - is also a really flattering color - a little more “oomph” than City of Stars, it’ll definitely be a slightly more glamorous red for me and I’m ok with that! 💁♀️
- JUST BECAUSE - this pinky red was just a little too light for my taste (if we’re being picky) but it’s still a really fun shade that I’ll keep close by for backup! 😏
- A GO GO - Now we’re starting to get a little fuscia! After trying this on, I thought A Go Go was juuuust out of my comfort zone enough to award this the “just out of my comfort zone” award 😂 AKA perfect for a night out when I’m feeling EXTRA! 😘
- NO BRAINER - This one sounds like it won’t be much but it’s actually the most vibrant berry-magenta in the whole vault! Maybe it’s a little too much for me, or maybe I’ll grow into it. You never know! 💋
- CHUBBY BUNNY 🐰 the pink one!! As a strictly NON-girly-girl, I totally thought this would be a huge bust. I normally hate pink! 🎀 🤨 …But to my huge surprise, I kinda love it!! 🤗 It feels close to my actual lip color and doesn’t give me Malibu Barbie vibes as I feared. Loving this pink feels like a major breakthrough for me!! 🤯 AMAZING!
💕 I LOVE having 8 of these balmy lip shades. Some days I literally try out a different color every few hours, just because I can.
🌈 The way I see it, this is the perfect time to try something new that I’ve always been interested in, but a little too self-conscious to explore out in the open.
☺️ I know that having these will get me more comfortable seeing myself in lip color, and will give me a better roadmap for if and when I start to get into more traditional lipsticks. 💄
😍 I couldn’t be happier with my purchase😍!
SO, 🧐 Questions for….
💋 GURUS - when did you first get into lipstick and how did you discover what you liked?
🐣 NEWBIES - what are your must-have features in a makeup product & why?
👯♀️ ANYBODY - What kinds of new things have you been trying out this summer?
Yay - thanks so much for reading! I have a video shot, too, which should give even more insight into how these shades really perform. So follow for that in the near future! 🥰
Have a great day! 💕