1. Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Concentrate - $70 on Sephora
✨This eye serum helps improve the appearance of the eye area by defending against daily damage caused by friction, like rubbing of the eyes, and by strengthening the eye area and restoring firmness.
✨Contains ImuGeneration Technology™ that features botanical extracts of Reishi Mushroom and Iris Root, to continuously fortify skin’s ability to defend itself.
✨15ml container with pump
2. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum - $85 on Sephora
✨Preventative and corrective retinol for all ages, and even tested safe for sensitive skin
✨Provides 24 hours of hydration to reduce dryness as it instantly brightens
✨15ml container with pump
✨Soft, light cream consistency
🥇About Eye Serums:🥇
🎗Eye serums are much like face serums, but targeting the eye area, and meant to be followed up with an eye cream
🎗Because the skin around the eyes is especially delicate and thin, eye serums are usually formulated differently than face serums to be applied specifically to the eye area
🎗Different eye serums can have different functionalities, including (but not limited to):
- acting as a base for the eye cream (to decrease amount of cream used or ease the application of the cream),
- adding a further layer of moisture for the undereye area,
- targeting specific concerns, such as fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles
💁🏻♀️How I Use: Day vs. Night💁🏻♀️
💅🏻I like to use different eye serums, one for the daytime routine, and one for the nighttime routine
💅🏻During the daytime, I use an eye serum mainly to boost the moisture and plumpness of my undereye, so 1) makeup can go on top smoothly, and 2) it stays hydrated during the day.
💅🏻A product like the Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Concentrate is perfect for the day because it is:
- super lightweight and refreshing
- very moisturizing and helps the skin around the eye fortify and defend itself
- works well with the eye cream for makeup to go on top
💅🏻During my nighttime routine, I like to use an eye serum that targets my specific eye-area concerns, so the effects can be maximized (during nighttime, which is the skin’s natural repair time).
💅🏻A product like the Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum is ideal for my situation because it is:
- a bit thicker in texture
- targeting specific issues, in this case, fine lines around the eyes
- facilitates the eye cream that goes on top and works well in maximizing its effect
What do you use for your eyes? Specific ingredients or brands, or even DIY remedies? Let me know in the comments 🥰 & follow for more!