I love having my nails done. Nothing makes me feel more put together than a mani- and nothing makes me more angry than chipped polish, flimsy press-ons, or the damage left by acrylics. What do I have to do to get nice nails that don’t break, fall off, or flake away??
Enter: Dashing Diva Glaze gel nail strips. These are semi-cured gel stickers with a ~triple layer technology~. These gels supposedly last for up to 2 weeks with no chips or scratches.
Dashing Diva’s instructions say to start by cleansing the nail bed with the provided prep swab. Then you select the strip that best fits your nail, peel it off the plastic sheet, and carefully press it onto your nail. Use the included manicure stick to press the sticker onto the nail to help prevent bubbles or lifted edges. I applied the Emerald Marble pattern. The gel strips come on long plastic sheets, but I cut them apart to better fit them to my nails and remember which size went on which finger.
Once the gels are applied, peel off the plastic top coat and trim them to the length of your nails. You’ll be able to file the gels once they’re cured, so don’t worry about getting those edges perfect just yet.
After everything is stuck on and trimmed, pop your nails under the LED light to cure the gels. I also found (and a quick google search revealed that I wasn’t alone) that the gels take a few hours to truly harden. Best practice is to pop these babies on before bed and let them fully cure while you sleep. I ended up with a few small imperfections from washing the dishes before they’d set.
To finish everything up, I used the included file to smooth the edges out and make sure everything lined up with my natural nails.
This manicure lasted an incredible 17 days without any significant issues- it would have gone longer, but I was ready for a change :)
I used a basic cuticle oil to loosen the edges of the stickers. Next, I grabbed the included manicure stick to gently work the gels off my nails. Removing the gels did not damage my nails at all. All the growth I gained while wearing them remained healthy and strong after removal! Next time I need to protect and strengthen my nails while they grow I’ll definitely be using these again.
* Affordable – The starter kit is only $14 and comes with nail strips and a mini LED lamp. Additional sets of Glaze gel nail strips start at $11.
* Tons of color and pattern options – These nail gels are available at Ulta, but Dashing Diva’s website has the most options!
* Long lasting – My nails lasted seventeen days. They definitely could have gone longer, too! They were still in good shape and stuck on tight when I decided to remove them.
* Strengthens and protects natural nails – My nails were really weak after my acrylics. These gels provided a protective barrier that shielded my damaged nails from further damage and allowed healthy new growth. The gels also didn’t damage my nails at all when removed.
* Tedious to apply – Application was a long and somewhat tricky process. I recommend watching a video or two before you put them on.
* Learning curve for best results – There are a few things I’d do differently next time for better results.
* Don’t cure instantly – The gels still felt a little tacky after curing. They take a few hours to fully set, which can be frustrating. It’s no different than a regular manicure, though.
* Light colors can be transparent – Look carefully at my photos and you might notice what I mean. The blue especially is a bit translucent. It’s not too noticeable, but I do wonder how it would translate to other colors/styles.
Let me know if you give these a try! I think they’re a total game-changer, and I’m curious to hear what you think too ☺️ #nails #PressOnNails #mynailstyle #review #tutorial Dashing Diva Powder Pink GLAZE Starter Kit | Ulta Beauty Emerald Marble – Dashing Diva