Here is a creative spin on the typical picnic setups I feel like I typically see. Hopefully this inspires you to be more creative when it comes to setting up a picnic! This picture carousel is divided into nine pictures. Below I give more details about each picture such as why I set it up the way I did and the brands of the products.
This vintage crimson colored picnic basket is pretty unique from most modern ones because of its rich colour so I complemented it with a blush blanket and white bed sheet. I love using throw blankets for decorating tables and other set ups. They are an affordable option for decorating and are also of course functional for your home too. You would be surprised at the things you might already have around your house you can use as decoration for an adorable setup!
Blush throw blanket: IKEA
Here you can see a bird’s eye view of the setup and how the pink blanket and red basket pair very well together. I used cutting boards to display everything for a nice cohesive aesthetic. Ideally I would have liked to have used all wooden boards but I ran out of them and had to use one small black one.
3. This small cutting board and two others pictured are from a set of various sizes. These boards are perfect for food photography and honestly get so much use! The wine opener and cake spatula or vintage so I don’t know the brands.
Light colored wooden cutting board set: Care
I split up the sweet and savoury foods onto separate cutting boards. Three small cutting boards were for the sweets and two other boards for the savoury foods. When starting this project I did not realize about exactly half of the food would be sweet and the other half savory but my guests were so happy about this because they have sweet tooths!
5. This vintage white wooden crate holder is perfect for these mini sparkling drinks. The white towel is for any spillage from opening the drinks or wine and is from a set from Home Depot. A great hack to know is that basic white towels like this are always more affordable at stores like Home Depot or Lowe’s.
White towel: Home Depot
6. This mini black cheese looking board is perfect for some veggies and sandwiches. This board is actually from the 99 Cents store! You would be surprised at the decent props you can find on a budget there!
Mini black cheese board: 99 Cents store
7. In this picture you can see some sweets on a small cutting board from the same Care set mentioned before.
8. The large charcuterie board is actually a handmade one specifically made just for charcuterie but honestly any large in a long cutting board for charcuterie will work fine. A cutting board is preferable for charcuterie because any greasy or slimy ingredients will tend to slip and fall off a plate but will stick to a wooden board.
For the meat and cheese I used circular Tofurkey slices and Violife cheese blocks so to me it made sense to roll the meat up and cut the cheese into cubes. I also just happen to like how this looks. Mini toasts are perfect as crackers but I also have a French baguette that was meant for the charcuterie as well.
9. Here is another close up of one of the cutting boards filled with more sweets. Funny enough at the beginning of this I was not sure whether I wanted to keep the sweets, veggies and sandwiches in their packaging or display them on the boards like this but I have to say I am so happy I decided to place them on the boards!
Taking time to create a certain vibe to your picnic really sets the mood for a nice time in my opinion. Despite all of this at the end of the day as long as there is delicious food accompanied by a few great friends the picnic will be a success! What do you think of this picnic set up? How do you like to set up yours? #picnic #picnicfood #charcuterie #foodpop #homepop