So if you know me then you know I LOVE spicy stuff! And a great way to add spice to any food is to add a good hot sauce. And I’m the type of person that can put hot sauce on anything! That’s why I was so excited to receive an opportunity to test out the Cholula Original Hot Sauce in exchange for my honest review from PrismPop! This post is not sponsored!
🌶 So what is Cholula Hot Sauce?
- Cholula Hot Sauce is based off of a 100 year old family recipe from Mexico! This hot sauce is made from a blend of arbol and piquin peppers along with a bunch of local spices. For the best experience, Cholula recommends you use their hot sauce with clean, fresh food!
🌶 How is the packaging?
- This hot sauce comes in a glass bottle with a wooden cap! And while other hot sauces come in glass bottles, the wooden cap really makes this hot sauce stand out from the other brands. Each flavor of Cholula sauce also has its own unique colored cap.
🌶 What are the Ingredients?
- Arbol and Piquin Peppers
- Garlic Powder
- Xanthan Gum
🌶 Just how hot is Cholula hot sauce?
- On a scale of 1-5 I would honestly rate it a 3. It’s got a little spice to it, but it’s not terribly spicy. With this hot sauce, you get moderate spice and lots of flavor!
🌶 Where is Cholula Available?
- What’s great about this hot sauce is you can buy it literally everywhere. It’s even offered in most restaurants!
🌶 Is it affordable?
- Yes! This hot sauce is very affordable! Prices start at $2.12 and go all the way up to $17.08, depending on the size and how much hot sauce you want.
🌶 Should you refrigerate Cholula after opening?
- No! Not unless you choose too. The salt and vinegar in Cholula helps it last a long time on the pantry shelf!
🌶 What do I like to put Cholula on?
- Potato Chips
- Available at all stores and most restaurants
- Just the right amount of spice! Not too overbearing.
- Packed with flavor
- Tastes great on just about everything
- This is definitely a great hot sauce option for your kitchen! And definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite. Plus it’s got that perfect balance between spice and flavor. I would definitely recommend!
🔥 Franks Red Hot:
- Affordable with prices between $3.49-$14.98
- Available at all stores
- Great for Buffalo Chicken
- Doesn’t go good on as many things as Cholula
- Is way more spice than flavor
🔥 Louisiana Hot Sauce:
- The cheapest option! Prices ranging from $1.12-$11.88
- Available at all stores
- Way too spicy! It’s literally all spice and no flavor. One tiny dot of Louisiana hot sauce is all you need.
- Affordable! Prices between $2.49-$6.69
- Also available at most grocery stores and restaurants
- I think Tabasco sauce is actually gross. I don’t find that it tastes good at all.
💭 Do you like Cholula? What’s your favorite hot sauce?
#cholula #hotsauce #spicy #spicyfood #sauce
Cholula Original Hot Sauce, 2 fl oz - Walmart.com