On those hotter days when you just want a nice cold and refreshing beverage, lemonade is always a great option to go!
Calypso offers a wide variety of flavors of both lemonade and tea to help get you through that hot day and give you a “taste of the islands”.
Recently I was selected by PrismPop to test Calypso drinks out in exchange for my honest review. This post is NOT sponsored.
Today I am excited to test out 4 different flavors for you!
🍋 What is Calypso?
- Calypso is authentic lemonade made with real lemons and sugar. They are well known for their island inspired flavors.
🍋 Who invented Calypso?
- The original Calyspo lemonade recipe was created in 1985 by the owner of the King Juice Company Inc. Tim Kezman. The lemonade was created originally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Tim originally only sold it locally but over the years Calypso grew in popularity and now you can buy them all over as well as a wider variety of flavors.
🍋 What different flavors are there?
- Original Lemonade (also comes in zero sugar)
- Ocean Blue Lemonade (also comes in zero sugar)
- Strawberry Lemonade (also comes in zero sugar)
- Southern Peach Lemonade (also comes in zero sugar)
- Island Wave Lemonade
- Pineapple Peach Limeade
- Triple Melon Lemonade
- Paradise Punch Lemonade
- Kiwi Lemonade
- Cucumber Limeade
- Tropical Mango Lemonade
- Coral Blast Lemonade
- Tea and Lemonade (half and half)
- Peach Tea
- Green Tea
- Lemon Tea
- Unsweetened Tea
Each flavor is inspired by the Islands! There’s a flavor for everyone.
🍋 What are the main ingredients in these lemonades?
- Filtered Water
- Lemon Juice Concentrate
- Citric Acid
- Lemon Fruit Pulp
- Natural Flavor
- Modified Food Starch
- EDTA (to protect color)
🍋 Does Calypso contain alcohol?
- None of the Calypso beverages actually contain alcohol but can make some pretty delicious alcohol beverages. You can actually find different cocktail recipes on Calypsos website featuring some of their lemonade flavors.
🍋 How much do Calypso drinks cost?
- You can find these between $1.58-$1.79 depending on where shop! So these are really affordable beverages.
⭐️ Now let’s get into the taste testing! ⭐️
Today I have 4 different flavors to share and tell you my thoughts!
🍹Flavor 1: Strawberry Lemonade
🍓 I was really excited to taste this one because strawberry lemonade is actually my favorite lemonade. If you ever catch me drinking lemonade, it’s probably strawberry!
💭 At first this strawberry lemonade looks really good, but upon opening it didn’t smell that great and I wasn’t too impressed with the flavor either. It just didn’t taste much like strawberry lemonade to me. Just tasted kind of watered down.
🍹 Flavor 2: Island Wave Lemonade
🍍 This purple lemonade is flavored with lemons, bananas, mangos, oranges, pineapple and passion fruit. Definitely stands out!
💭 At first I was unsure if I would like this flavor at all but it actually turned out to be my FAVORITE flavor!! It’s so good. And the way all the different flavors compliment each other and hit your tastebuds so evenly is amazing. It’s also on the sweeter side which is great if your someone like me who doesn’t like their stuff really sour. If your going to try a Calypso definitely check out this flavor.
🍹 Flavor 3: Ocean Blue Lemonade
🫐 This blue raspberry flavored lemonade used to actually be my favorite flavor as a child. Ocean Blue is also one of Calypos most popular flavors!
💭 Considering this was my favorite flavor back in the day, I was really excited to try this again. Unfortunately this just didn’t taste very good to me. It smelled nothing like what the product was and well I just didn’t care for the taste. My boyfriend on the other hand really enjoyed mixing this flavor with some Rum!
🍹 Flavor 4: Southern Peach Lemonade
🍑 This peach flavored lemonade is actually really good! Honestly my second favorite and I would definitely repurchase. It’s not sour, it’s super sweet and tastes just like eating a peach.
😋 And that concludes this taste tasting! 😋
- Comes in a wide variety flavors, so everyone has something they’d like.
- The packaging! I love the glass bottle! Makes these drinks feel very nice plus, you can reuse the bottle!
- Made from real lemons!
- Very affordable!
- Definitely has its hits and misses in flavors!
- Hard to find these days! Went to 3 different stores before finally finding these at my local Walmart.
- Overall I definitely recommend these! While not every flavor is a hit, the ones that are a hit are SO delicious. And perfect for those hot days when we just want to feel refreshed.
- Affordable! Ranging from $1.69-$1.99.
- Can be found at the Dollar Store.
- You can buy these in a variety of ways. Bottles, cans and 2 liters! (Calyspo doesn’t have those options)
- You can buy these anywhere.
- More expensive than Calypso.
- Only comes in two different flavors.
- Doesn’t taste as good as the Calypso.
💛 Simply: (My Favorite)
Let me just start off by saying I love Simply lemonade! Usually if I need to buy some, Simply is what I go for.
- Tastes great!
- Available at all stores!
- Simply offers a wide variety of different beverages (unlike Calypso) including: Lemonade, Orange Juice, Juices, Smoothies and even non dairy milk such as almond and oat!
- Also comes in a variety of sizes! Sizing ranging from 11.5oz-52oz bottles.
- Affordable! Prices range from $1.79-$2.58.
- Not as many different flavors to choose from as Calypso.
💛 Minute Made:
- Available at all stores!
- Tastes great! I love Minute Maid drinks.
- Comes in a wide variety sizes. Minute Maid comes in cans, standard 16.9oz bottles, 2 liters, 59oz cartons and even a 12oz frozen can.
- Prices range from $1.99-$7.99
- Not as many flavor options as Calypso
- A more expensive option.
🤗 And that’s all 🤗
Do you like Calypso drinks? If so, what’s your favorite flavor? Which one would you try?
#calypso #lemonade #flavoredlemonade #summerdrinks #food&beverage
Calypso Strawberry Lemonade 16 Oz Fl Oz - Walmart.com