Hi! This is Maggie ❤️
These came from a PrismPop Tester Bag 🛍 where we choose select community members to receive free beauty samples to review on PrismPop.
Let’s jump into these minis!
- There’s way more natural ingredients going on here than just the headliners. They packed a whole garden into each product. Here are just a few I found…
- Tomato Serum 🍅 Includes Turmeric, Carrot and Algae extracts and other ingredients which occur naturally in food, along with an anti-inflammatory.
- Bell Pepper 🌶 Includes Figs, Cabbage, a type of Sunflower, Seaweed…. The list goes on. And these are just the random ingredients I googled. I’m no skincare ingredient expert but everything except the standard solvents seem to be straight from god’s green earth.
- These little glass bottles are pretty tiny, so I’m worried I won’t get more of a week’s use out of them all together. 🙍♀️
- I also know that the full-size bottles are not glass, they are plastic, but the droppers have more sophisticated twist component to the cap rather than this little squeeze top. 💦
- Says on the back: Made in Korea! I didn’t realize that Byroe New York was a K-Skincare brand 😏
- I’ve only just started using these and I’ve never used serums before. 🙏
- The first night I only used the bell pepper and the salmon cream, because I’m out of other night cream (aka moisturizer for me 🧴 I’m un-fancy) and I’ve been wanting to try a serum.
- The bell pepper went on smoothly but I couldn’t feel any immediate effects. The salmon cream felt lux and expensive and I tried not to use too much. Together they felt like I had properly barricaded my face 🛡 probably because I’m not used to serums yet.
- The natural ingredients probably mean that I don’t need to go quite so slow with it - I already eat bell peppers and tomato so I probably won’t have a reaction to it topically. Still, I want to be able to experience them individually. 🌿
- Recently I’ve been dealing with frustrating acne on the sides of my face. When I woke up after using the products, I saw somewhat considerably less inflammation (aka no zits to pop after a nighttime of build-up)… I’m interested to see how a longer-term use of the serums helps calm that area. Maybe I’ll post progress pics… MAYBE. 🦢
- The tomato serum especially should be good for the acne because it claims to “visibly reduce imperfections of skin” while the bell pepper serum claims “calming and hydrating.” So if the bell pepper is already good, I’m hoping the tomato will be even better. ✨
- The only thing I’m wondering about is should the bell pepper and tomato serum be used together? 🤷♀️ Which comes first? Or do you switch them nightly? Use one in the AM and one in the PM? Hopefully the littles last long enough for me to figure out! 🤞
- The salmon cream kinda confused me at first because I thought we were going for a plant-based theme here… but after a little bit of research I’m seeing a lot of positive feedback on salmon egg extract and how it has anti-inflammatory and cell-repairing properties. And it’s not smelly! 🐟
- As for the rice cleanser I’m not holding my breath for anything exceptional… I just don’t see how anything could be so special about what seems like a makeup melter. I’ll let you know if anything amazing happens and it actually justifies the $95 price tag. 💰
Thanks for reading! Follow for updates! 😘