For years I’ve seen people on social media posting about swimming with pigs in the Bahamas and I’ve always wanted to do it! When I was in the Bahamas last week I finally swam with pigs! It was definitely an interesting experience!
🐷SWIM WITH PIGS
- there are two islands in the Bahamas that are popular to swim with pigs at.
* Rose island (I went here)
- about 10 pigs that you can swim with, feed, and take pics/videos
- Must take a boat to get to the islands
🐷ROSE ISLAND PIGGIES
- rose island is 12 miles long and has different spots on the island that you can swim with pigs. The place we stopped at had pigs in a cage and let them out once we arrived.
- We got to play with the pigs for about 30-45 minutes (which was plenty of time)
- super fun to play, swim, and feed the piggies (especially since I grew up on a farm)
- Pigs are sooo cute
- Get to take a boat ride there and back
- Rose island is pretty much secluded
- Pigs were a little aggressive. They seemed very hungry which made me so sad.
- Pigs are in cages until people come which made me so sad!!
- We didn’t get a full 4 hour tour because the other people on our tour had to get back in time for their cruise 🙄
🐷TOUR COMPANY WE USED
- Shore To Shore
🐷HOW TO BOOK
- Use viator to book the tour (it’s an app and website)
🐷PRICE OF TOUR
- $215 per person (it’s cheaper using viator. It’s $250 booking directly with the tour company)
- boat ride there and back
- Drinks (water, soda, Gatorade)
- Time with the piggies
- Snorkeling (30-45mins)
- Snorkel with turtles (this wasn’t on our tour because there was a shark attack at the location a week prior)
- Time at Rose Island after play time with the pigs to relax or have a drink/food!
- 4 hour total tour
With this tour you’ll need to provide your own transportation to the dock. Some tours offer transportation.
There are many different tour companies to book with but the one above is the tour company we booked with. The prices are around the same with every tour company. The big difference with your companies is which island they go to (Exuma or Rose Island)
- Da pigs: goes to rose island and costs $199
- Sandy Toes:rose island. Costs $224
it was fun to experience but I probably wouldn’t spend money again to do it! It’s more of an Instagram vs. reality type of situation. I’ve heard the pigs on Exuma are wild pigs and not kept in cages but also probably aggressive as well.
Has anyone swam with pigs in the Bahamas before? If so, which island did you go to and what was your experience like?!
#travelpop #travelinfluencer #travel #traveltips
Half-Day Speed-Boat Tour in Nassau with Swimming Pigs