Hey everyone, welcome! Today I’ll be reviewing all of my lipsticks, plus a bonus product. Let’s start!
1. M.A.C. Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick
This is my only liquid lipstick currently, but I’ve only had good experiences with them and would like to try more. To use, all you need to do is take the applicator out of the tube and apply as needed.
Packaging: Nothing out of the ordinary, just the same tube you’ll get in most liquid lipsticks. Sometimes simplicity helps a lot.
Shade: Dance With Me, a pretty and deep pink.
Price: $22.00 each on the website.
Texture: The texture is like soft lotion when you apply on your lips.
My experience: It didn’t feel chalky or heavy when I applied, and it dried fast. The lipstick also didn’t dry out my lips, and I noticed that it was the most waterproof out of all of the lipsticks.
Rating: 5/5, it’s all I need in a liquid lipstick.
2,3, and 4: M.A.C. Matte Lipstick (Reviewing all)
2. This came in the same collection as 3 and 4, but this one has a darker red shade unlike the others.
3. Super pretty! I use it the most, so a lot of it is already gone.
4. A bit like 3, but a more darker brown.
Packaging: This comes in a small lipstick tube, but lasts a long time.
2. Red Rock, a dark matte red.
3. Mehr, a simple dark color with a bit of purple.
4. Soar, a soft brown tint.
Price: $19.00 each on the website.
Texture: The texture of all of them reminded me of a soap bar. The lipstick glides on your lips easily and you don’t have to push hard to get it to stay on your lips.
2. This is my go to whenever I have to be bold. Since it’s my only dark red lipstick, it gets a lot of attention when I need to go somewhere special. It doesn’t stain my lips, but it doesn’t wipe off easily. 5/5 stars, this is a beautiful shade.
3. For casual looks. It doesn’t show as much as 2, but that’s what makes me use it the most. 5/5 for me, its one of my favorites.
4. This is a really unique color, I’ve never tried brown on my lips before getting this. I was surprised that it didn’t look bad! It didn’t even leave a lip stain. Very satisfied. 4/5 rating for me because even though it hit all the good marks, it just wasn’t my color. If it’s your color, then I’m sure you’ll love it.
5. Clinique Pop Lip Color+Primer
This lipstick is my only Clinique lipstick. I like to switch between lipstick brands, and since M.A.C. is my favorite I have the most of their lipsticks. I’m still a bit new to Clinique, however.
Packaging: This comes in a lipstick tube. The lipstick color is the color on the tube! I’ve never seen it before until I tried it. Such a cute idea and really helps see the color when it’s on the tube.
Shade: 13 Love Pop, a lively pink tone.
Price: $20.00 each on the website.
Texture: This feels like soft butter on the lips! I love the cushion feel that it gives.
My experience: I really liked this lipstick, it gave a lot of color and felt great. However, it did stain a bit, which is a shame. I’ll have to give it a 4/5 because of that.
6 and 7: Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick
If you can’t already tell, I’m a sucker for mattes. I really like how both of these have totally dofferent shades! 6 is a peachy color and 7 is a dark plum color.
Packaging: The lipstick tubes are honestly gorgeous. They have a nice logo on the top, and as you can see in the last picture, the bottom has a gold color and the top is black with the gold logo. Super convenient.
6. Peachy, a light peach(no surprise) shade.
7. Rum Punch, a dark plum-like shade.
Price: $18.00 each on the website.
Texture: The texture isn’t too soft that the lipsticks would break, but it isn’t so hard that it would be impossible to apply. It’s just right.
6. With all of my dark shades, why not get a lighter one? That’s where Peachy comes in. It actually shows its nude color and stays on for half of the day. 5 out of 5 stars!
7. Rum Punch, my darkest shade yet. I got this shade as well as 6 from a friend. Whenever I’m in the mood for a dark shade, I use this. It also stays on long and is a great plum color. 5/5 stars is my rating.
*BONUS* 8. IT Cosmetics Pillow Lips Solid Serum
This technically isn’t a lipstick, it’s more of a light tint. It’s great for adding a splash of color.
Packaging: This also comes in a tube, but a more taller, thinner one, like a pencil. The way it works is, there is a clicking thing at the bottom. Like a mechanical pencil, you push it until the amount you want comes out. I think it’s a genius idea, I’m happy to be able to try it.
Shade: Like A Dream, a magenta tint.
Price: $24.00 on the website.
Texture: It actually feels like a lipstick when you apply it, but stays on as a tint. I recommend using it on top of a lip balm or lipstick for some shine.
My experience: I got this to try from BzzAgent. I really like the light tint that it gives, and you don’t need to swipe a lot for good results. The color is super pretty and I’d love to try it again when mine finishes. I think that the price is worth it all the way. There may be some dupes to it, but I really like it and recommend it.
Hope you enjoyed it! Until next time, keep shining! #lipcare #LipstickTryOn