Inversions offer a variety of benefits, you don’t actually have to do a headstand to wreak the benefits simply placing your feet upward along the wall will do the same. However if your like me and getting upside down excites you I encourage to take precautions and attempt with love.
Tripod headstand tips ✨
- Be sure to engage through your arms to stabilize your neck and back.
- Make sure you place the crown of your head down!!
- Bring your hips up by walking your feet in
- Pace yourself try one leg than the other and be sure you can firmly stabilize yourself doing that before attempting the full headstand
- Use your core to elevate your legs
- Squeeze inner thighs together at top to stay balanced
- Point through your toes keeping the whole leg energized and lengthened
- Gently come down the way you came up
- Slowly bring your head up avoiding any light headed or dizziness
Remember yoga is playful, fun and a practice solely for you. Move with love for your body not for the aesthetic of a picture. Attempting yoga postures without expectations and judgement is crucial for building a quality practice.
NAMASTE 🙏 #yoga101 #Yoga #powerwithkaylin #fitnesspop #Fitnessjourney